Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 23:48 — 21.8MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Father Len explains why defining and fully understanding good and evil is pretty much beyond our ability as humans.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- The only wise reaction to evil is faith in God.
- The mystery of what seems like evil to us may actually be something used by God for our good.
- Father Len explains why we shouldn’t settle for cheap and easy answers for why evil and suffering exist in the world and instead humbly ask questions and more questions.
- We will not understand evil until we can have the same perspective as God.
- There might not be answers about good and evil that we can see and understand until we get to heaven and can look back in time.
- Real wisdom is acquired through intimate experience with suffering.
- What we proclaim as good may actually be bad for us.
- What we proclaim as evil may actually be good for us.