Father Len explains that we’re all born in the image and likeness of God with gifts, defects, and work to do to become mature human beings and find our way to Christ and each other.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- The Hebrew word for image is the same word as Idol.
- There was a time when a King was perceived to be the image of God.
- We’re all made in the image of God regardless of the color of our skin.
- God is pure loving community so the image of God is all of humanity not a singular human being.
- Jews and Catholics believe we storm the Gates of heaven together, not alone.
- Father Len explains the difference between the image of God and the likeness of God.
- Every human is given gifts to make the world a better place.
- God created us pure with work to do to become mature.
- Father Len explains how and why God created man and woman.
- Once we know self-sacrificing love, we become true human beings.
- God creates every human being with a fault that is not a defect in the eyes of God. The defect helps us find our way to Christ and each other.
- If we were all created perfect, we’d all be the same. We’d be just like every other human.
- “Revelations of Divine Love” by Julian of Norwich