Father Len explores the Bible story of a wealthy and powerful man and a bankrupt and outcast old woman. Both seeking healing from Jesus. The story reveals the essence of the religion of Jesus and puts our personal beliefs about religion on trial. This is a preview of episode 2 of the new podcast from Wrestling with God Productions, featuring Father Len, titled “Life Lessons from Jesus and the Church He Founded.”
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Jesus pushes us to take religion beyond just believing that He is the Messiah and being a good person obeying moral laws.
- Jesus dismisses laws in the Book of Leviticus that reject or marginalize people.
- “If the best that you can say about your life is that you’re a good person who obeys all the moral laws, you’re boring and lack spiritual depth.” – Father Len
- The Book of Wisdom tells us that God is about love, life, and healing. God rejoices in welcoming and loving all people.
- Jesus gives us a test of religion. Do we want a religion that is about rules, regulations, and moral laws that causes us reject or marginalize some people? Or, do we want the religion of Jesus that accepts and loves all people unconditionally?
- “Let your heart be broken when people are marginalized, rejected, or treated as if they’re dead. Believe in the way of Christ. Believe in life and unconditional love for everybody.” – Father Len
- Bible stories explored in this episode:
- Book of Wisdom 1:13-15; 2:23-24
- Gospel According to Mark 5:21-43
- Please prayerfully consider supporting the mission of Wrestling with God Productions by making a financial donation here: GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
- We welcome your questions and comments;
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738