Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 39:31 — 36.2MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Father Len explains that sadness is our lot in life and how embracing it will bring us wisdom, love, a sense of purpose, and help guide our path to heaven.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- The pain of sadness wakes you up to be more tender and compassionate.
- Sadness is a superpower that can transform you into being more creative.
- Depression sucks all the life out of you.
- Denying sadness can lead to self-absorption and a toxic life.
- Father Len shares the story of how the sadness of prison life became a university for growth for Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
- Depression makes you listless and less concerned for action and the suffering of other people.
- Depression is when you’re alone. Sadness is when you’re with other people.
- Those who embrace sadness have a greater sense of purpose in their lives.
- American society is obsessed with positivity and always being happy, happy, happy.
- Studies have found Americans smile more than any other country, but test out to be more depressed.
- Obsession with positive thinking is just a form of denial of sadness.
- The more you repress something, the more likely you are to act on it.
- America’s obsession with positivity and always having a positive attitude is a form of repression.
- Sadness is hard, but it also gives birth to love.
- Links to Podcasts from Wrestling with God Productions
- Wrestling with God Show: http://WWGShow.com
- Life Lessons from Jesus and the Church He Founded: http://LifeLessonsfromJesus.org
- A Priest’s Life: https://idahovocations.com/resources/video-podcasts/
- Make a financial donation here: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
- We welcome your questions and comments:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738