Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:31 — 25.2MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Father Len explains what causes a loss of faith and gives listener Jennifer some ideas for finding her lost faith.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Father Len explains the difference between faith and belief.
- Faith is like a muscle. If you don’t use it, it will atrophy and you’ll lose it.
- Faith is like a seed. It’s a gift from God. We must prepare the soil in which it grows. The soil is our hearts. The best means for preparing the soil is prayer and reflection.
- Faith is like water. It needs a path to flow. Prayer and reflection dig the “trench” that allows faith to flow.
- Prayer and reflection are habits that give birth to faith.
- Father Len introduces one of his favorite tools for feeding and deepening his faith, “The Daily Examen” created by St. Ignatius.
- The daily practice of gratitude will make you a happier person and deepen your faith.
- “Feeling Good: the New Mood Therapy” by David D Burns M.D.
- Life is a matter of negotiating problems.
- Troubles in life do not cause faith to evaporate. Quite the opposite. We can find the presence of Christ in all of our problems.
- “God whispers to us in our good times, but shouts to us in our pain.” – CS Lewis