Father Len reveals how distancing yourself from “crazy” and “annoying” people in your life can separate you from parts of yourself that need attention.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- There are multiple stories in the Bible that reveal how distancing yourself from people in your life causes you to lose part of yourself.
- Father Len explains the “sin of distancing” and how it affects us.
- The problems we have with people in our lives often reveal problems we have within ourselves.
- When we build walls around ourselves to avoid problems, we pay a price.
- It’s easy to hate people from a distance.
- Arguments and disagreements with people in our lives can be incredibly healthy because they can help us recognize and force us to deal with our own issues.
- Life is supposed to break our hearts at times. When we experience pain and frustration we develop humility and the ability to love.
- A whole heart is a broken heart. Distancing ourselves from “crazy” and “annoying” people will keep us safe, but we won’t have whole hearts.