Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 25:27 — 23.3MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Father Len takes us on a tour of hell exploring its origin and history providing glimpses of heaven along the way.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Hell can be hot and cold.
- Hell is complete separation from God.
- Heaven is complete union with God.
- God is the source of life, love, community, justice, and compassion.
- Hell is being separated from life, love, and community.
- God offers life and love to all people as a free gift, but that doesn’t mean all people accept the gift.
- Hell is often associated with fire, but in the Bible it is also depicted as a cold and lonely place.
- The image of fire is also connected to heaven in the Bible.
- Could it be that the fire of heaven and hell is the same, the fire of God’s love?
- Life is a matter of preparing to live in the fire of God’s love or forever rejecting it.
- If you live your life with hatred and selfishness, maybe pure love is something that you can’t stand.
- People can create their own hell right here on earth. It’s not just an imaginary place where we might end up.
- You separate yourself from God when you fail to live a life of love.
- God wants everybody united in heaven, but that doesn’t mean everybody will be in heaven.
- “The gates of hell are locked from the inside” – CS Lewis
- Hell is something we create by our own choices, not something created by God.
- God permits those who reject community, justice, compassion, and love, which is God, to live in the hell they create.
- The images of heaven and hell help point our lives in the right direction.
- Hell is a choice of selfishness and cruelty over love.
- The gates of heaven are always open for those who love.