A high school listener asks, “Will I go to hell if I have sex before marriage?” Father Len offers some sober, surprising, and humorous answers and insight about passion, sex, and promiscuity.
Support Wrestling with God Productions: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- There’s nothing wrong with sex. It’s so natural. Nothing could be more natural. It’s part of the drive of life that God gives us.
- Sexual passion is good. It drives us to seek each other out. It brings us together, but there’s something better.
- Augustine’s highly promiscuous life taught him what was missing in his life.
- Sometimes things are wrong, not because they’re evil, but because they’re not good enough.
- Promiscuity is wrong because it can train you to use and hurt other people and not be committed.
- Being sexual is part of what it means to be a human being, but the best part of being human is something greater. Commitment and love.
- Passion and pleasure can be blinding, but also be very enlightening. True passion opens you up for God.
We welcome your questions and comments:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738
Links to Podcasts from Wrestling with God Productions
- Wrestling with God Show: http://WWGShow.com
- Life Lessons from Jesus and the Church He Founded: http://LifeLessonsfromJesus.org
- A Priest’s Life: https://idahovocations.com/resources/video-podcasts/