Father Len explores the relationship between gratitude, happiness, and finding the presence of God in everyday life.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- The custom of athletes and entertainers thanking Jesus after winning games and awards inspired this episode.
- Father Len uses the ancient Jewish feast that celebrates the birthdays of trees to reveal the importance and value of gratitude.
- Gratitude helps prevent narcissism and entitlement.
- Gratitude helps us grow and mature as true human beings.
- Gratitude makes us happy.
- Gratitude improves our health.
- Gratitude makes us more compassionate.
- “It’s impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment.” – Naomi Williams
- Father Len introduces “The Daily Examen” gratitude exercise created by St. Ignatius.