Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 16:28 — 15.1MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
Father Len reveals that evidence of God is always present in us and around us, in all aspects of our lives. He explains why some of us recognize and accept this evidence and others don’t.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- What evidence are you looking for? What evidence are you willing to accept?
- CS Lewis was head of the atheists in England until a walk through nature made him begin to realize he did believe in God. He then came to recognize lots of other evidence of God in his life that he hadn’t permitted to affect him.
- People see only what they want to see. They don’t see the world as it is. They see the world as they are.
- All of life is evidence of God. There’s something quantitatively different about life itself versus inanimate life.
- Love, joy, pain, suffering, it’s all evidence of God.
- Father Len uses a monopoly game analogy to explain the difficulty people have recognizing and accepting evidence of the presence of God.
- “The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief” by Francis S Collins
- Dorothy Day was a confirmed atheist until she held her baby daughter for the first time and instantaneously felt an overpowering sense of love and joy.