Father Len introduces the process of deconstruction to help a listener detox her religious upbringing and purify her religious values, beliefs, and practices.
Father Len reveals what fear of God really means and why it’s awesome.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Father Len uses a story about Avalon the lion from the CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia collection of books to begin to illustrate what fear of God is and isn’t.
- Fear of the Lord is one of the top seven gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Father Len explains the difference between terror and Fear of the Lord.
- Fear of the Lord is actually about awe and respect.
- Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
- Father Len shares a fun personal story about swimming with Dolphins to illustrate what awe feels like.
- “Be not afraid” is a common greeting from Jesus because he does not take pleasure in people fearing him.
- God is definitely not a tyrant.
- Father Len exposes what narcissists fear to explain the difference between healthy and unhealthy fear.
- Father Len reveals how awe and intrigue helped famous scientists and philosophers like Albert Einstein and Socrates discover the existence of God.
- The book of Deuteronomy connects the Fear of God to the observance of morality.
- The real experience of God is unnameable because there is no thing in creation that is like God.
- Mystic Meister Eckhart would often pray, “God cleanse me of God,” which meant cleanse me of false notions of God.