Father Len reveals that pride is damaging lies we tell ourselves about ourselves.
Support Wrestling with God Productions: https://www.GiveSendGo.com/WWGProductions
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- Pride is a cancer that often goes undetected until it’s too late.
- “The Truth Detector: an Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide for Getting People to Reveal the Truth” by Jack Schafer
- The moment you tell a lie about yourself you are owned by the lie.
- Happy people don’t need to feel superior.
- The fall of humanity began when Adam and Eve were enticed by pride to define for themselves what is moral.
- The prideful lie is always about portraying yourself as superior in some way.
- Pride produces a damaging ripple effect on us and everyone around us.
- Father Len compares Albert Einstein and Richard Dawkins to illustrate the damaging effects of pride and the positive effects of humility.
- “I am not an atheist. The problem involved is too vast for our limited minds. We are in a position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows somebody must’ve written those books.” – Albert Einstein
- The prideful are not open to truth because they feel compelled to defend the lies they tell about themselves.
- The prideful are always defensive and feel the need to posture, provoke, pick fights and bully because they fear wrestling with the truth.
- Confident and humble people don’t fear grappling with the truth and allow themselves to be challenged, probed, and questioned.
- The prideful can never be happy because they make their insecurities and flaws the center of their identities.
- The prideful don’t recognize or appreciate their self-worth.
- Lies about who you are, what you know, what you’re good at, and what you’re not good at are sure signs you have a pride problem.
We welcome your questions and comments:
- Email: email@example.com
- Text or voicemail: 208-391-3738
Links to More Podcasts from Wrestling with God Productions
- Life Lessons from Jesus and the Church He Founded: http://LifeLessonsfromJesus.org
- A Priest’s Life: https://idahovocations.com/resources/video-podcasts/