Father Len reveals the real “reason for the season” is us.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- “When I look at the world upside down, that’s when it seems right to me.” – Jeret “Speedy” Peterson
- Father Len tells a story about geese to illustrate why God became a human being.
- Christmas is a revelation of who we are meant to be.
- To be good is to become a true human being.
- Our true humanity is to live like Christ.
- “Christianity is the attitude of amazement at the dignity of the human person.” – Pope John Paul II
- “The glory of God is a human being fully alive.” – Irenaeus
- “Paradise Lost” by John Milton
- “Faust” by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Sin is the temptation to stop being a true human being.
- Evil is the no to human goodness. Evil is the no to all that is good.
- Satan is not one who hates God. Satan is one who believes that God can’t love him or us.
- The good news of Christmas is that God became one of us to show us how to become true human beings and discover the goodness of being a true human being.
- Salvation is not the story of God rescuing us from an evil universe. Salvation is the story of God coming as one like us to teach us what true goodness looks like.
- Absolute love will embrace death.
- Absolute love cannot be contained by the tomb.
- Sin is anything that deprives us of our full humanity.
- Christmas is the beginning of the journey to our true humanity to love and to be connected.